Rules and Regulations for CLS Competition.
Though these rules have been put in a pdf format and are available for everyone to see here, we are reproducing the same again for your ready reference.
Rules & Regulations:
1. All the entries must be in English
2. Story guidelines: The story submitted for the competition must begin with the opening lines that have been provided. However you may choose any genre and may give any title to your submitted short story. It should be your own original and unaided work. Entries must not have been previously published or self-published, in print or online, or have won a prize in another competition.
3. Word Limit: Be sure of your word count! Entries exceeding the word limit of 1000 words (counting every single word, including the opening lines but excluding the title) will be disqualified.
4. Who can apply: Anyone who is a resident of India can submit his or her entry. Age is not a bar to participate in this competition. A maximum of one entry per person will be accepted.
5. Who cannot apply: Members of the CLS organizing committee would not be considered for this competition.
6. Fee: There is no fee for entering the contest. The aim of this competition is to encourage writing and develop creative skills.
7. Submission: Only online entries shall be accepted. Submit your entry in MS word format. Your name and address must not appear on the pieces entered, nor should there be any other identification mark. Personal details (author’s name, address, phone number) and Word Count (mentioned in numbers) should be attached on a separate page. All the entries should be sent to email@example.com
8. Last date to submit entries: Only online entries shall be accepted until midnight (Indian Standard Time) of 15th June, 2015.
9. Judging:Entries will be judged solely on artistic merit. Decisions of the judges will be final.
10. Winners and Awards: A short list of ten will be selected, from which a winner and two runners-up will be chosen. The names of these chosen winners will be notified by 1st August on our facebook page.
11. The copyright of the submitted work would remain with the authors, but CLS would reserve the right to publish the winning entries.
12. Submitting an entry would automatically mean that you agree to accept these rules in full. In case of any deviation from these, your entry will be disqualified.